A balanced morning routine is a very important part of our lives. The more stressed you are, the more important this time of the day becomes. A good morning routine will supercharge you and help you deal with everything that comes your way.
It is like the key that starts the engine for your car. If you turn it the wrong way, the engine will not start, and the car will not move.
If it starts, but the engine is not warmed enough yet, the car may or may not move. If the engine does not have the right type of oil or gas, the car may move but the engine might get damaged or work in sub-optimal conditions.
Let’s take a look at the best morning routine for the seriously stressed that will allow you to fine-tune your body, mind and spirit while minimizing stress.
Table of Contents
- 1 Wake up your digestion (Physical body)
- 2 Take your herbs and/or supplements (Physical body)
- 3 Slow down your mind (Mental and emotional bodies)
- 4 Lift your spirit (Spiritual, mental and emotional bodies)
- 5 Wake up your body (Physical body)
- 6 Feed your body (Physical body)
- 7 Clean your body (Physical body)
Wake up your digestion
- Start your day by drinking 2 glasses of water with a twist of lemon.
This will hydrate your body, remove toxins from your liver and kidneys and kick start your digestion.
Take your herbs and/or supplements
- Then it’s time to take your herbs or supplements.
Herbs can be adaptogens (Ginseng), androgens (Pine Pollen), hormonal (Rhodiola) or immune system protectors (Cordyceps). You can learn more about the different types in the herbs section and/or by clicking on the above links.
Great supplements include creatine (for strength), glutamine (digestion and Growth Hormone optimization), enzymes (for better digestion) and more. Again, you can learn more about the different supplements and their benefits in the supplements section and/or by clicking on the above links (if available).
Slow down your mind
(Mental and emotional bodies)
If your mind is up and running, you will need to stop it. Here are 2 things that can help with that:
- Meditation is a great way to still the mind and start your day.
- Otherwise, do a few deep breathing exercises. These will have the same effect, they will oxygenated your body and brain thus helping you to relax.
Lift your spirit
(Spiritual, mental and emotional bodies)
The morning is the time to empower yourself. It is also a great time for visualization. Here’s a small visualization exercises that you can try:
- See how your day unfolds in your mind’s eye.
- Start gently and finish strong.
- By now you should see yourself standing on top of the world.
Affirmations can be applied but i am not a huge fan of them. For fans of affirmations I can recommend Anthony Robbins’ programs.
Wake up your body
Depending on your day you can do either active or passive workouts.
- For a passive workout: Do tai chi or yoga.
- For an active workout: Do Kettlebells, lift weights, bodyweight exercises or calisthenics.
See my workouts section for examples of active and passive workouts. (more coming soon)
In either type of workout:
- Always finish with 2-5 minutes of savasana (corpse pose) to calm your body,mind and spirit and unify them.
Feed your body
- Get your post workout supps and vitamins.
- Drink an awesome shake. (Try my protein shake in the recipes section)
Clean your body
- Use a big body brush to scrape off dead skin and open the pores.
- Take a shower and get ready for work or start your day.
- As a minimum make sure to wash your body off to open up the pores of your skin.
Now you are ready to start your day
You have now awakened and synchronized all the systems (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual) and you can go out and transmit your greatness to the world.
I hope you enjoyed this article as much as I did writing it. Putting together this article took a bit of time but it will only take you a second to click on the Share buttons below and show your support to this blog.
Try this morning routine and let me know how you feel by leaving a comment below. Enjoy your day and live strong healthy and free!
by Nick Sigma SHF
CWC, EH, E-YRT200