When it comes to all things health, the saying still applies: “use it or lose it”. Same goes for both mobility and strength. Our bodies are made for movement that’s why it’s important to not sit for long periods of time.
In this article I will show you how to get in shape when you are very busy or if you are over 40 and want to get started. This system is also great for people who spend a lot of time sitting at work or work at home.
It is truly an easy way to either stay fit, get stronger, shed unnecessary pounds or all of above.
Table of Contents
- Set your alarm clock to go off every 1 to 2 hours.
- Get up, grab your dumbbell or kettlebell (preferably) and do 10 reps of the selected exercise (see exercise selection below).
If you do not have any equipment you can use your bodyweight and aim for 20-50 reps (depending on your fitness level)
Depending on the day, you can choose from:
- Lower body: Goblet Squats (with kettlebell), Jumping squats or Hindu Squats
- Upper body: 1-arm deadlift (with kettlebell), Pushups, Hindu Pushups or Pull ups
- Full body: 1-arm Kettlebell or dumbbell Swings or Burpees
What else to do
- Keep the intensity high. Make sure to select a weight or a rep-range that will get you pumped but not exhausted.
- Do only 1 set of the selected exercise.
What NOT to do
- Do not go to failure! The idea is to be fresh after you have done this as you will repeat this set throughout the day.
- You might get really hungry after each session. If you are trying to lose weight, do not eat until lunch or dinner time. When that time comes focus on fresh veggies, a piece of fruit and lots of good quality protein. If you are skinny and trying to get big, have a small meal after each session. Your appetite will continue to grow as you do this and so will you.
This small session will get your heart pumping, help with blood circulation, stimulate your metabolism in order to lose some fat and of course gain muscle and strength.
Still don’t have enough time?
Another way to get in shape is by doing only 2 sets/sessions per day.
Benefits of this simple workout
- Obvious benefits of this method is strength and muscle gain. If you eat properly, you will be able to shed off some unwanted fat as well.
- These exercises will also greatly improve your mobility and flexibility along with your strength. You will be getting the complete health package.
- Another thing that this exercise is great for, is its ability to help you increase the amount of reps in any given exercise.
Does it really work?
Yes, if you actually do the sessions as instructed.
If you are one of those people who always complain about not having enough time to work out because you are too busy, this simple guide will help you get started and see results in a short amount of time. All you need to do is get up and do it!
I hope you enjoyed this article as much as I did writing it. Putting together this article took a bit of time but it will only take you a second to click on Share buttons and show your support to this blog.
Try this workout and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. Also if you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Until then live strong, healthy and free!
by Nick Sigma SHF
C.W.C, E.H, 200YRT