In my previous article “My Morning Routine” I briefly mentioned a healthy and nutritious breakfast that can helped make it through a long and busy day until a proper sit down meal. In today’s article you will learn how to make it yourself. This recipe is easy, fast to make and gives you all the protein, carbs and healthy fats that you need.
And that is why I call it a Nut-tritious Breakfast.
Here’s what you’ll need.
Table of Contents
- 2 scoops of pure whey protein (unflavored and with no additives)
- 2 scoops of fine oats or steel cut oats (supports testosterone and provides low GI carbs)
- Some black sesame seeds (healthy fats)
- 10 apricot kernels (full of amygdalin)
- Handful of nuts. I used pistachios in this case. (healthy fats and protein)
- 1 tbsp of dried berries. I used blackberries. (good carbs and great antioxidants)
Spices and Herbs
- ½ -1 tablespoon of Ceylon Cinnamon (to take the edge of the insulin spike)
- 1 tbsp of raw organic cocoa powder (energy boost and antioxidant)
- 2 big tsp of nut-butter (sunflower seed or pumpkin seed) (high in omega 6)
- 1 big tbsp of raw, organic, honey with royal jelly (energy and hormone optimization)
How to put together
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Then add all the liquid ingredients in the order given (first the nut-butter, then the honey and then the water).
- Mix them all together until it becomes uniform.
- Go slow with the water as it might get too runny and you will be eating a soup. If it gets too sticky, add a bit more water.
- If it gets too runny, you could add a bit more whey protein (if your meal focuses on protein) or oats (if it focuses on carbs).
For those used to a warm breakfast, you could make the same recipe and use some hot water instead for a powerful nut-porridge. However, if you decide to do this remember that warm water will destroy all the best parts of honey (vitamins, nutrients, enzymes and the royal jelly). A good solution would be to take the honey on the side and eat the porridge afterwards or replace the honey with maple syrup.
Enjoy the power surge and taste of this awesome nutritious breakfast that will keep you full for quite some time! You got protein, healthy omega 6 fats, a great boost from the cocoa and great carbs from the oats and the honey. This is the type of breakfast you should be eating if you want to optimize your hormones (oats and honey are great for boosting testosterone levels) and stay fit especially if you are over 40.
I hope you enjoyed this article as much as I did writing it. Putting together this article took a bit of time but it will only take you a second to click on the Share buttons below and show your support to this blog.
Have you tried this recipe? What did you think? Is there a special recipe that you have? Let me know by leaving a comment below. Until next time, live strong, healthy and free!
by Nick Sigma
C.W.C, E.H, E-YRT200